Sunday, September 24, 2006

Why Would He Think That?

Chris Wallace of Fox News can't understand why President Clinton would accuse him of carrying out a "hit job" in his interview of Clinton broadcast Sunday:
"All I did was ask him a question, and I think it was a legitimate news question. I was surprised that he would conjure up that this was a hit job," Wallace said in a telephone interview.
A hit job conducted on a liberal by Fox News? Come on. What was Clinton thinking? That would never happen there.

You can watch the interview here. Wallace asked Clinton why he didn't do more to get Osama bin Laden when he was President. Clinton responded that he did all he could and way more than President Bush. He pointed out that Richard Clarke, who served Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II, brought the Clinton plan for dealing with OBL and terrrorism to Bush and was dismissed. They put terrorism on the back burner until 9/11.

Once again, Clinton reminded me of why he was such a good President and a great politician. I doubt if any interviewer/propogandist on Fox has ever been so effectively challenged.

No comments: