Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Diversion...

I get a daily "Prayer of the Day" e-mailed to me from Beliefnet. I know--how undisciplined can one get? Anyway, they do provide some basis for thought as they are selected from a wide variety of faith traditions and belief systems. For that reason alone, I like to receive and read them.

Even though this one is "theologically incorrect" for Progressive Christians on several accounts, I thought it was a cute rhyming verse and it might provide some common ground for people who might be reading this blog and often are consternated at what they read...

The lake behind our house was frozen over all weekend. It is shimmering today in the sunlight however.

Fisherman's Prayer

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy
I be judged Big enough to keep.

- Unknown

No comments: