Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Pastor "wins" week 1 of The Messenger

Did anyone tune in to watch The Messenger on The Learning Channel Sunday night? I nearly forgot and remembered in time to hear the last speech by Ms. Osbourne. If you forgot to watch, and didn't tape or TiVo, don't fret! I just found out that you can go to The Learning Channel website and listen to the speeches.

The topic of week one's messages was homelessness. Messengers were asked to spend time on the streets as "research" for their speeches. The winner of week was is a pastor of a church 55 miles from Atlanta (We actually drove past his "commune/church" when in Georgia this spring visiting relatives and vacationing over spring break.) I heard the last minutes of his message on a later rebroadcast, but I would like to listen to it in its entirety. A student of spiritual development named Floyd was voted out of competition this week. I have yet to listen to his message which was apparently too unconventional for the judging duo.

I'm not a fan of reality t.v. and have only watched a couple episodes of this genre (so I haven't watched much primetime t.v. in the past 8 years). However this is a very interesting concept and I'm going to stick with it. If you watched it on Sunday or tune in to the website and listen, let me know what you think!

No comments: