Saturday, July 22, 2006

Progressive Church Lady

John Tierney, editorialist for the New York Times understands exactly why I picked the name Progressive Church Lady as my monicker for by blog posts on Liberal Pastor's blog!

In the New York Times Select (yes, I temporarily subscribed just so I could read his editorial today) he writes about how the Republicans have become the "Church Lady Party".

I hope I'm a Progressive Christian Voice. I write because I must. I'm compelled to counteract the shrill whine of the Evangelical Republicans such as President Bush.

Just as Dana Carvey used to jokingly surmise on Saturday Night Live when interviewing guests and suggesting what made them do something stupid they had done in their private lives...I will now presume to guess playfully what caused President Bush to veto legislation allowing life-saving stem cell research...

"Can you say 'Satan' "?!

No comments: