Monday, August 14, 2006

The Benediction

Thanks to the Seeker's Church in Washington D.C. that had a very close--and updated for Progressive Christians--version of this benediction posted on their website under litergies that I found via Google.

I grew up hearing this simple message every Sunday morning at the end of worship. It is now permanently infused into my subconscious and I think it guides me in ways I can't always know. I couldn't remember all the words in my earlier posting this morning. Here they all are:


Benediction
Leader:

Go into the world in peace, have courage;
hold onto what is good;
return to no one evil for evil;
strengthen the fainthearted;
support the weak;
help the suffering;
honor all people;
love and serve God,
rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: