Saturday, March 03, 2007

Finding the Holy Moment

A good quote from Speaking of Faith host Krista Tippett in the Faith and Values section of today's Star Tribune, talking about her new book:

In one of the book's most moving and personal passages, Tippett talks about how working with Alzheimer's patients during divinity school opened her eyes to the nature of sacred connections and moments.

"Here I'd been on this fast track and suddenly I was with people who couldn't take in my name, much less my résumé," she said. "But they could recognize it if I were kind, patient, a good listener.

"The moment was all that mattered. And that moment of simply being with them was pleasant, somehow healing."

It is in such moments, she said, that she has gained the clearest glimpses into life's holy mysteries.

It is what she does well on her show.

No comments: