Saturday, June 23, 2007

Spiritual Literacy--including the Cinema

I'm delighted to find out that Fredrick and Mary Ann Brussat have a blog! Ten years ago I read their book Spiritual Literacy when preparing to teach an Adult Eduction class at church. It was wonderful and I've loaned and recommended the book many times. Among other things, it talks about the spiritual content of many "secular" movies (and by secular I mean movies that have no apparent religious theme or content).

I happened upon the Brussats' blog when reading reviews of the new movie adaptation of D.H. Lawrences book Lady Chatterly's Lover which is now in the theatres. I'd read this book for the first time the first year our neighborhood book group got started--13 years ago. I liked their review.

Here's their blog cite: http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com



No comments: