Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Breakfast at Capitol Hill

Earlier in the month I was up watching Breakfast at Wimbledon at this time of day while on vacation. This morning I am up watching the debate on Iraq in the Senate. I woke up just in time to hear Sen. John Kerry give an overview lesson to the country--not to mention chastize his collegues on the other side of the aisle--why a vote for cloture must be invoked and we must begin to end our U.S. presence in Iraq.

Now please excuse me while I get some caffeine and my daily dose of meds so I can get back to watching the U.S. Senate debate. There was nothing my father liked more than listening to a good fillabuster in the Senate on war policy--but that was another era--the 60s and Vietnam. Now I can watch this history-in-the-making on C-Span 2.

No comments: