Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Treat for Insomniacs

I've been having a little trouble staying asleep all night lately. Usually it gets very tiresome laying in bed thinking or watching late night t.v. or reading in a state of semi-consciousness. However tonight if I wake up at my usual time somewhere between 2 - 4am, I'll be in for a real treat! The Orionoid Meteor Shower will be visable after 1:30am and the best viewing is supposed to be just before sunrise Sunday according to this article from Space.com. After a week of rainshowers, it will be quite refreshing to watch a star shower instead!

1 comment:

ProgressiveChurchlady said...

It was an unseasonable warm early morning for Oct. 21st and very enjoyable to be sitting outside taking in the night sky. However I didn't spot any meteors. It was a clear sky from 5:30 to 6am and lots of stars were visable--even in the light polluted burbs.