Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Detours by Sheryl Crow

I was in need of some new music to play so I got the new Sheryl Crow CD the other day. I loved her first hit "All I Want To Do" back in the 90s. After a few tough years which have included a failed relationship with cyclist turned motivational speaker and cancer spokesperson Lance Armstrong, and also a bout with breast cancer, she's hit her singer/songwriter stride again!

Here's some lyrics from one of the songs titled "Out of Our Heads"

Every man is his own prophet
Oh every prophet is just a man
I say all the women stand up, say yes to themselves
Teach your children the best you can

Let every man bow to the best in himself
We're not killing any more
We're the wisest ones, everybody listen
'cause you can't fight this feeling any more, oh anymore

If we could only get out of our heads, out of our heads,
And into our hearts
Chlidren of Abraham lay down your fears, swallow your
tears and look into your hearts

No comments: