Friday, February 29, 2008

March is Spiritual Health Month--here's a "unique" church challenge.

While reading an e-mail from our local Girl Scout Council this afternoon I discovered that March is, among other things, Spiritual Health Month. So I thought I'd GoodSearch this topic to find who might be celebrating this and what type of activities/events would be the focus.

Well, that little Girl Scout calendar note led me to a very interesting article about a church in Florida that is pushing the spiritual health envelope--as well as generating a whole bunch of national attention--with a challenge to their members and others who are (pun intended) "up for it".

I must say, it was an ingenious idea on the part of the pastor to gather attention for the congregation! Read about the Revelant Church's challenge in this article from the St. Petersburg Times.

No comments: