Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What I did on My Spring Vacation

We've been back from NOLA (New Orleans, Louisiana) for over a week now. My spouse received an award from the American Chemical Society and the rest of the family tagged along to celebrate his achievement--and what a city in which to celebrate!

Along with seeing my spouse be recognized for his hard work, I was also privileged to witness 2 other historic events--the 25th anniversary of the French Quarter Jazz Festival and the 10th anniversary of the formation of Code Pink and the first performance of The Vagina Monologues. This anniversary of The Vagina Monologues was marked by turning the Superdome into the Love Dome for SuperLove V to the 10th. A new creation titled The Katrina Monologues was performed for the public on Friday April 11 from the floor of the Superdome and I was able to listen as actors wove together the stories of hurricane survivors.

In a blog post, this member of CODE PINK describes her experiences of NOLA/V-10th which were similar to mine.

No comments: