Monday, March 08, 2010

Cat Confessions


I was awakened in the middle of last night by a loud noise. One of our cats, Sampson, was in the bed and jumped up at the sound. I sat up, looked out the window, listened a moment, and laid back down. No sooner had I dozed off when cat number two, Sadie, jumped onto my chest and started meowing in my face. I rubbed her head, she started purring and laid down in bed.

I got up this morning to find a plant knocked over and the ceramic pot shattered all over the floor. Apparently Sadie was confessing her sin and felt that by petting her I was granting her absolution.

HT for photo to Thomas Verenna.

2 comments:

Singing Heart said...

How do you know Sadie was the culprit? Maybe she was trying to tell you your wife did it! Cats...you just can't trust 'em.

liberal pastor said...

Spoken like a true bird lover.