Monday, September 17, 2007

Kitna Felt the Hand of God

I was on my way home from my run at Ritter Farm this afternoon when I heard KFAN sports analyst Dan Barreiro commenting on Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna's comeback yesterday after being knocked out of the Lions-Vikings game with a concussion. According to ESPN Kitna attributed his surprising comeback to a "miracle":
"I've never felt anything like that, and for it to clear up and go right back to as normal as I can be, is nothing short of a miracle," Kitna said. "I just definitely feel the hand of God. That's all it was. You can't explain it.
Barreiro was raising the obvious question about all those other players who have suffered injuries and were not able to come back. Where was God when they got hurt, he wondered? It is a good question. And maybe a better question needs to be asked of the Lions' coaching and medical staff. This is Kitna's third concussion, and they sent him back into a game? It is possible that Kitna was not thinking straight, but what were they thinking?

1 comment:

Loveparent said...

To me, football (and hockey and wrestling) is the modern form of the Roman games. In fact when I was a kid, the closest sports stadium was named the Collesium. Fortunately, they played basketball there and that is the one of the two team sports that I can semi-enjoy along with baseball. However I tolerate the rest because I am always fighting the tide of modern culture.