Wednesday, April 02, 2008

More from Pastor Anderson

Pastor Anderson is the preacher from the previous post. It was funny. But not all of his sermon material is so amusing. From Loren Rosson's blog here is a portion of Anderson's sermon on Romans 11:
"Okay, so God gets to a point sometimes where he says, 'I'm through with you.' Now I'm going to tell you something. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. And when I preached that sermon on Sunday night [about the Farmington gay community], I mean those facts that I was reading for you, I didn't even know that information until I studied for that sermon. See, I live in a bubble. See, Pastor Anderson lives in a little bubble [laughter], because Pastor Anderson doesn't watch TV, so he's not really exposed to everything that's going on out in the world. Okay? So I just live in my own little happy land, where I don't really know what's going on about certain things. You know I try to know what's going on.

"You know, I had no clue that gays were allowed to adopt children in America? Until like a few months ago? You know, I didn't even know that? I mean, I thought that would surely be illegal. Surely we haven't come to that point. And then I was as shocked when I found out they had been doing it for years. I think it's been going on for what, five years or something. I didn't even know about it, I didn't even know it was going on. I couldn't even believe that we were to that point yet. And then I read that statistic on Sunday night where six million -- in excess of six million children -- are living with at least one gay parent right now in America. Six million. And now only one state in America has a law against it: Florida; the law goes back to 1977, it's probably going to change.

"And I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to tell you something. I told somebody -- and I'm going to stand by my word on this -- I told somebody four years ago, I said, 'If it ever gets to the point where the gays are adopting children in this country --' And you know what, you go ahead and stand in judgment of me, go ahead and think whatever you want about Pastor Anderson. You go ahead, you go right ahead. Because I stand before God, that's my master, that's who I answer to, not you. But I think it was about four years ago, I used to spend on Saturdays, I used to spend one hour every Saturday, and I'd go down in the basement of my house for one hour on Saturdays and I would pray for America. And I'd spend one hour a day -- I'm sorry, one hour on Saturdays that is -- and one hour I would spend just praying that God would bless America. Praying that God would bless America and turn this thing around and bring a revival and bring righteousness and save America, bless America -- 'Oh God, would you bless us and help us, our country's in bad shape'. But I'm going to tell you something. I told my friend at the time, Brother Reggie, a good friend of mine, he's still a good friend of mine, I told him, I said, 'If it ever gets to the point where the gays are adopting children in this country, I will never pray for America again.'

"You go ahead and judge me all you want. I said, 'I'll never pray for America again.' I said, 'You know what I'll pray? I'll pray that God destroys America; that's what I'll pray.' That's what I said that I'd pray. And you know what? I'm going to tell you something. Do you think I want this country to continue to exist? The way it is right now, when six million kids are living with molesters and freakos? No. My attitude right now is, 'Even so, come Lord Jesus.' Okay? That's what I'm thinking about right now, because it's getting so horrible. And you know, I know that your life is so nice, and my life is really nice, and my kids and my family are nice, and I don't want my family to endure any kind of pain, and I don't want to endure any kind of pain. But what about the PAIN of the people in this country that are being abused and attacked by these people? What about the PAIN of six million kids who are growing up in a hell! That's what they're growing up in.
He then goes on to say he is going to pray for God to rain down hell on San Francisco. I went over to the website of Faithful Word Baptist Church and found that I was unable to bring up any of his sermons. I don't know if this is my problem or if they have been pulled down.

1 comment:

Loren Rosson III said...

I'm just noticing this post now, but the sermons have been back up for a while now, including the sermon on Romans 11 if you care to listen to it.